August 7th – 28th, 9:00 – 10:00 AM
A community resource and support group designed as a multiple week session to create a safe space for that transitioning time after pregnancy and birth.
And NOW! We’re going to try it online.
A place you can come while your baby cries the whole time. Yes, please join us. A place you can be on screen not worrying about a shower, or we can be your excuse for a shower!
The variety of emotional ranges and physical changes after giving birth can feel isolating – especially now.
But there’s a woman out there thinking those same thoughts that you are! We want you to get a chance to meet her. Meet the moms you can create friendships with, not just because you’ve had babies, but because there’s a true spark of friendship and understanding.
Each week we will seek to address one of the topics listed below. Or just catch up.
- Birth Processing
- PPD vs baby blues, and the range between
- Feelings of Isolation
- Self care
- Self image and Body Image
- Breast and bottle feeding, including pumping
- Childcare Issues and Considerations
- To Work or Not to Work? Work from home?
- Relationship Balance, including Sex
- Navigating Friendships – old friends, childless friends, new friends, those with different parenting philosophies
- And any other topics that you would like to be addressed
Topics will be chosen by the class. General round table group chat, with “thought” homework to act on subjects and thoughts shared by all.
Peer support facilitated by a non-judgmental momma, who happens to be a peri-birth professional. Who has been where you are and will cry, laugh, and listen right alongside you.
This group is limited to 8 women to facilitate real relationship building. Drop-ins cannot attend as we are creating a safe space for sharing. You are certainly welcome to attend more than one series.
Welcome to a new type of community.