Upcoming Series Dates, all late morning, 9:30 – 11:00 AM:
Fridays, January 5 – February 9
Fridays, February 16 – March 23
Fridays, April 6 – May 11
at 5011 Kenwood Road!
A community resource and support group designed as a 6 week session to create a safe space for that delicate time after pregnancy and birth. A place you can come while your baby cries the whole time. Yes, please come. A place you can come not worrying about a shower, or we can be your excuse for a shower!
The variety of emotional ranges and physical changes after giving birth can feel isolating – but there’s a woman out there thinking those same thoughts that you are! We want you to get a chance to meet her. Come meet the moms you can create friendships with, not just because you’ve had babies, but because there’s a true spark of friendship and understanding.
Each week we will seek to address one of the topics listed below.
- Birth Processing
- PPD vs baby blues, and the range between
- Feelings of Isolation
- Self care
- Self image and Body Image
- Breast and bottle feeding, including pumping
- Childcare Issues and Considerations
- To Work or Not to Work? Work from home?
- Relationship Balance, including Sex
- Navigating Friendships – old friends, childless friends, new friends, those with different parenting philosophies
- And any other topics that you would like to be addressed
Topics will be chosen by the class. General round table group chat.
Peer support facilitated by non-judgmental, working mommas, who happen to be peri-birth professionals, who have been where you are and will cry, laugh, and listen right alongside you. And maybe take turns holding some babies while we’re at it.
This group is limited to 12 women to facilitate real relationship building. Walk-ins cannot attend as we are creating a safe space for sharing. You are certainly welcome to attend more than one session.